Show Menu

Clouds

I recently posted this picture on the ‘Cloud Appreciation Society’ group on Facebook. I think it looks really cool and interesting. Why, I’m not sure. But it turned out to get a lot of likes and impressions from other group members. One of the comments: Angel wings and on top left a whale dancing in the sky…jumping out the sky  I never would have thought of any of these things when taking this picture. I guess clouds are a sort of Rorschach test everyone can take when looking up at the sky in their spare time. But if I were to make a comment now about it, it would…

Read more

Street Photography

Street photography is probably the most terrifying type of photography, because it’s the one area of the art form that risks getting punched in the face if done wrong. The trick is to either ask for someone’s permission to take a shot, therefore giving up the natural element of the shot, or else take a…

Read more

Nature Photography

Nature photography is both relatively easy and extremely hard, depending on what you’re trying to capture. Regular nature shots of trees is the easy part. But capturing animals and just the right cloud formation largely rests on luck and a lot of patience. All the bird pictures are taken with a Canon T2i, as shots…

Read more

Southern Italy, Molise

Southern Italy is a beautiful part of the world. The north and Sicily get all the glory and everything in between, except for Rome, is largely forgotten, at least in tourist guides. I spent roughly seven summers in the region of Molise in the late 1990s to early aughts. It may be a poorer region…

Read more

Street Musicians

I used to play music professionally during and after college and sometimes while in college, we would play as a small group on the sidewalk in downtown Santa Barbara to make a few bucks. 95% of people simply just walk by almost completely unaware of what is going on around them while the remaining 5%…

Read more

The Bay Area

Who says home is boring to photograph? I live in a pretty interesting place and sometimes the best places are not obvious to see right away. But there are plenty of places to capture and here are some of my favorites.

Read more

Winter

This is one of the giant trees in the main garden at the Filoli estate in Woodside, California. Just a few weeks after this picture was taken, it was in full bloom along with the rest of the garden. Sometimes a tree is more appealing and mysterious when out of bloom.

Read more